Monday, October 12, 2009

We will miss you Dave

It has been a difficult couple weeks. We lost Emily on September 25th and today, Keith's step dad, Dave Harrison, passed away. Dave has been in and out of the hospital a lot this past year and his health has been declining. It's never easy watching someone you love slip away.

Friday, Dave went in the hospital to have his spleen removed, he ended up in ICU with congestive heart failure and we got a call from Becky (my mother-in-law) on Sunday saying he didn't have much longer. Keith went up yesterday to be with his mom and I went up today after I got the kids off to school. We sat in the ICU waiting room with Dave's family and waited to hear reports from Becky. I left at 3:00 to head home to have dinner with the kids and spend time with them this evening. It wasn't 15 minutes later I got a call from Keith letting me know Dave had passed.

We will miss Dave dearly and ask for continued prayer for Becky and Dave's family. Rest in peace, Dave. I'm glad your suffering has ended and that you are in a much better place.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Christmas 2008 (Granny Gunn, Becky and Dave)

1 comments:

Courtney Smith said...

So sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers being sent your way.

What am I listening to?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones