Sunday, September 25, 2011

I did it...You CAN too!

So, I ran across some photos recently of my "Fat Days". I know I've lost a lot of weight over the past year but to see it in pictures really makes it REAL for me. If that makes any sense. I'm not proud that I had let myself get so overweight but I am happy to say that through a lot of hard work I've lost it.

Just a year ago at this time I was training for my first 5k and beginning to lose weight. A year later and I'm training to run a full marathon in less than 70 days.

I'm printing the pictures below and hanging them up in my bathroom as a reminder to myself that I NEVER want to be that overweight again.




A little back story. My doctor is also a friend from Church. So I see him at Church on Sunday and different events that the Church puts on. I was in to see the doctor last week because I was having some back pain (as mentioned in my last blog post). It is a pinched nerve. On Sunday, our Church hosted "Taste Of Cottonwood". All the Life Groups (Adult Sunday School) put up a table with a featured dish. I'm our classes social director so I orchestrated our classes theme (Breakfast Casseroles) and was at the event helping to serve samples. Keith did his normal wandering around and talking to everyone. He is so shy! He saw Doc and asked him if he had finally fixed me so I would quit complaining. He is so sympathetic. Keith also asked him what he thought about the 83 pounds I lost. Turns out Doc said I had lost A LOT more than that.

Let me backtrack a bit....when I started running in May 2010 and changed up my diet in July 2010 I "guesstimated" on my weight. We didn't have a scale at the time and I did not want one because I could look in the mirror and see how overweight I was. It is a good thing doctors keep a record of your weight when you come in or you may never now the real number. Back to today....I called the Doctor's office to get my official "High" weight and to my AMAZEMENT I have lost 131 pounds since October 2008.

131 POUNDS! That is a small adult or teen. I am flabbergasted! I now realize why I get the reaction I do from people I haven't seen in a long time.

So, I say to those of you who are struggling with weight loss, IT CAN BE DONE! Take baby steps, start out slow but know that YOU can do it. Find what you enjoy and stick with it. I'm a real example of someone who did it!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

0 comments:

What am I listening to?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones