Friday, November 13, 2009

Compassion....Need I say more?

Wow! I've been following Kelly this week and her journey to El Salvador with Compassion. The pictures and stories she shares are certainly an eye opener. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our own lives but there is so much more going on out in the world that really matters. Not that our day to day life doesn't matter but we have a roof over our heads, we both have jobs, our kids are healthy, we know we will have our next meal, a warm bed to sleep in and a car to take us where we need to go.

There are people, men, women, children who don't have those same luxuries. Things that WE and I take for granted. What can we do to help? We can donate food to a food drive like I posted about earlier, we can sign up to sponsor a child. If you have an extra $38 a month it could make a WORLD of difference to a child in a 3rd world country. Volunteer in your community, Give to a child at Christmas who might otherwise not have one, there are so many things you can be involved in. One that touches my family deeply is become an organ donor, help save a life! They don't all have to cost money, you can volunteer your time, your most precious commodity.

My family and I sponsored a child after we went to see Avalon at our Church this past year. They spoke about World Vision which is similar to Compassion and showed a video clip about a trip they took. It really touched our hearts and I think it is good to teach our kids that we should help out our fellow man, in whatever way will work for your family.

I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone today and get involved in helping others.

0 comments:

What am I listening to?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones